A couple of weeks ago, I saw PHIL CAMPBELL AND THE BASTARD SONS as a support act to GLENN HUGHES. There was mention then of ever so popular Phil Campbell to release his very first solo debut album, something I have been looking forward ever since. “Old Lions Still Roar” comes out on 25 October 2019 through Nuclear Blast Records.
For the occasion, Phil Campbell invited a lot of excellent guest musicians to feature on his album: Dee Snider, Alice Cooper, Rob Halford, Joe Satriani, only the sky was the limit in this release. As ambitious as the cast may seem like, the album doesn’t rely on them to have a killer of an album. The songs are all captivating and clearly written for the singer, as all the songs definitely fit the vocalists, which is quite impressing. It leads to an extremely versatile album where you have more bluesy songs, heavier songs, power ballads and so on.
The album is concluded in “Tears From A Glass Eye”, which includes Joe Satriani on the guitar, a combination no one ever saw coming, but it works and it provides an emotional ending to a great record in what perhaps could be one of the best collaborations of 2019. Phil Campbell may have waited all these years to release his first solo album, but the wait has been truly worth the while!
01. Rocking Chair (feat. Leon Stanford)
02. Straight Up (feat. Rob Halford)
03. Faith In Fire (feat. Ben Ward)
04. Swing It (feat. Alice Cooper)
05. Left For Dead (feat. Nev MacDonald)
06. Walk The Talk (feat. Danko Jones & Nick Oliveri)
07. These Old Boots (feat. Dee Snider)
08. Dancing Dogs (Love Survives) (feat. Whitfield Crane)
09. Dead Roses (feat. Benji Webbe)
10. Tears From A Glass Eye (feat. Joe Satriani)
Melodic Death Metal Force BRYMIR Announces New Studio Album “Voices In The Sky” + Reveals First Single!￼
TOBIAS SAMMET´s AVANTASIA announce brand new studio album “A Paranormal Evening with the Moonflower Society”