Netta Skog certainly needs no introduction. Before she was known as the accordionist in TURISAS, but these days she can be seen on stage with ENSIFERUM as a permanent replacement for keyboardist Emmi Silvennoinen. Here is the playlist of her life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
I have no idea. Seriously. Maybe some Finnish songs my dad played with the piano. Probably.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
TRIVIUM – “This World Can’t Tear us Apart” – Loved this one since the first listening. Still love it.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
Imogen Heap – “Hide and Seek”
THE KILLERS – “On Top”
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
NIGHTWISH – “Dead to the World” – In 2006 I won the Golden Accordion competition in Finland (the best entertaining accordion player in Finland) with this song!
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
Biffy Clyro – “Many of Horror”
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
Calvin Harris – “Summer”
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
SPICE GIRLS – “Spice” … Hey c’mon, I am from the ’90s. SPICE GIRLS and BACKSTREET BOYS were THE THING back then and I still definitely sing their songs at the karaoke bar! Hell yeah!
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
DEF LEPPARD – “Hysteria” – Just love. Pure love, Ah!
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
CHILDREN OF BODOM – “Living Dead Beat”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
STAM1NA – “Viimeinen Atlantis”
PINK FLOYD – “High Hopes”
Interview by Mika Ringman
Death Angel To Unleash “The Bastard Tracks” On November 26th + Watch The Live Video For ‘Where They Lay’ Now!
Interview with Bloodred Hourglass — “We wanted to emphasize the importance of sounding modern and fresh.”
Draconian Announce Re-Issues of Remarkable Full-Length Albums “Where Lovers Mourn” (2003) & “Arcane Rain Fell” (2005)