One of our favorite bands to talk to has agreed to chat with us once again! Rob Stjärnström from MACHINAE SUPREMACY has, from time to time, proven to having a very diverse music library, so we had to bug him once more to see if he’d answer our questions, especially with a new album out very, very soon! Here is the playlist of his life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
Among my first memories are how I used to play my mom’s Tom Jones LPs. But unfortunately, I then broke her record player by sitting on it.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
As a kid I went with my mom to see the Disney movie Oliver & Company and the theme song, “Why Should I Worry” just… woke me up musically, I think. I couldn’t get it out of my head and there was no easy way to get the soundtrack in my hometown (this was 1988). I ended up recording my own version of the song on my mom’s cassette deck, just so that I wouldn’t forget the melody.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
“My Lover’s Box” by GARBAGE.
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
As far as the old school video game music is concerned, that was just always there for me growing up. I can’t name a single source because there was so much awesome music, and then when I as a teenager discovered that I could recreate that sound and get that feeling that part of the equation pretty much fulfilled itself.
I think that a number of bands and artists drew me into metal. ALICE COOPER, GUNS ‘N’ ROSES, and METALLICA front and center, and peripherally, bands like MEGADETH, SKID ROW, and QUEEN.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
“The Imperial March” from Star Wars.
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
The Black Eyed Peas.
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
The first metal album I got was the cassette release of ALICE COOPER’s “Trash.” I still love it.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
“Sweet Child O’ Mine” by GUNS ‘N’ ROSES.
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
“My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light’em up)” by FALL OUT BOY.
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
“Rock ’n’ Roll Thugs” by ICON FOR HIRE. (“Sometimes, I swear, the lyrics write me.”)
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Death Angel To Unleash “The Bastard Tracks” On November 26th + Watch The Live Video For ‘Where They Lay’ Now!
Interview with Bloodred Hourglass — “We wanted to emphasize the importance of sounding modern and fresh.”
Draconian Announce Re-Issues of Remarkable Full-Length Albums “Where Lovers Mourn” (2003) & “Arcane Rain Fell” (2005)