When speaking of Finnish metal, Seinäjoki and Southern Ostrobothnia are probably not the first places that come to mind, but every now and then the area has provided some excellent acts, such as the five-piece grindcore boys of CARNALATION. The band ended a couple years of silence with the “Ghosts” EP last year, and continues treating the audience with their fast and brutal ear-candy. We got the opportunity to have singer Jonne Soidinaho share the playlist of his life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
POPEDA – “Kersantti Karoliina”
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
Alice Cooper – “Poison”
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
SLIPKNOT – “Eyeless”
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
SENTENCED – “Frozen”
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
ROYAL BLOOD – “Figure it Out”
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
STELLA – their whole discography
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
METALLICA – “Master of Puppets”
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
KATATONIA – all songs
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
PANTERA – “New Level”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
Interview by Lene L.
Finnish female fronted hard rock band Lost Division released No God single & music video from their upcoming album!
MIKA IKONEN: ”Minun-albumi esittelee erilaisen puolen minusta ihmisenä ja lakunkirjoittajana” – julkaisu pe 7.5.2021