FOREVER STILL is one of Nuclear Blast’s latest acquisitions, having just announced their collaboration at the end of August, 2016. The band is comprised of diverse vocalist Maja Shining and multi-instrumentalist Mikkel Haastrup; we’ve already had a chance to listen to and review their debut, “Tied Down,” and can’t deny that these guys have some serious potential. Here is the playlist of Maja‘s life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
“Brahms Lullaby.” My grandparents had this music box, from when I was a baby, where you could pull a string and this tune would play without the words. This led me to write the first lyrics I’ve ever written and I still remember them to this day.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
“Our Farewell” by WITHIN TEMPTATION. I heard it on a Celtic Circle CD when I was 13 and I just thought it was so beautifully sad.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
SYSTEM OF A DOWN’s “Chop Suey” or anything punk rock reminds me of those years. Everyone was listening to numetal and emo music at that time!
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
I’ve never heard a band and thought, “I wanna do THAT,” but growing up and getting into metal music I really loved SLIPKNOT’s mix of heavy meets melodic and Corey Taylor’s versatile vocals – “Duality” was definitely one of my favorites.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
“Push the Sky Away” by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
I have nothing that I’m ashamed of listening to, it’s all about broadening your horizons. Something unexpected though might be Melanie Martinez, because I’ve been obsessing over the dark visuals and concepts in her music videos.
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
NIGHTWISH’s “Wishmaster” when I was 14. I still have it, but I doubt the songs will still play, after the abuse I put it through in my teens.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Tori Amos – “Winter.” Particularly the version from “Live at Montreux 1991/1992.”
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
LIMP BIZKIT – “Rollin’.” Doesn’t need much explanation, does it?
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
Julie Christmas’ rendition of “If You Go Away” originally by Jacques Brel (“Ne me quitte pas”).
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Finnish female fronted hard rock band Lost Division released No God single & music video from their upcoming album!
MIKA IKONEN: ”Minun-albumi esittelee erilaisen puolen minusta ihmisenä ja lakunkirjoittajana” – julkaisu pe 7.5.2021