The SMOKIN’ ACES have been around since 2012, and are joining the current wave of ’70s-influenced hard rock that’s been blossoming in the area. The band has two music videos under their belt, as well as a good number of gigs, and their first EP, “24/7” was released in 2014. These guys have done a great job capturing the spirit of music from the GUNS ‘N’ ROSES era, and so this week we have the playlist of bassist Eemi Lamberg‘s life for you!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child.
Probably the song from Disney’s Mickey Mouse cartoon,”The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”… creepy, weird-ass song/video which got me traumatized…
2.The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
I must thank my father for showing me lots of music videos when I was a kid. The first song that really stuck in my head and blew me away was the legendary “Ghostbusters” By Ray Parker Jr.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
“Highway Star” by DEEP PURPLE
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
Cliche or not, “Livin’ on a Prayer” by BON JOVI. That is the main reason why I started listening to rock music. After that IRON MAIDEN, MÖTLEY CRÜE, AEROSMITH, and GUNS ‘N’ ROSES inspired me to start playing.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
“Amelia” by Skott has been looping in my head today. My taste in music is very wide and I am always trying to discover new, great tunes. I don’t see anything wrong with focusing on one music genre, but that’s not my thing.
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
I don’t have any guilty pleasure bands. I never feel embarrassed about listening to the music I enjoy. For example, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE was one of my favorite bands back in the days and I’ve always admitted it. You shouldn’t judge people based on their taste in music. Just listen to what you enjoy and F anyone who has an issue with that. Unless you listen Kanye West, then you are a worthless human being.
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own.
MÖTLEY CRÜE‘s “Dr. Feelgood” – still lovin’ it !
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
“Wish You Were Here” by PINK FLOYD
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
When I’m driving alone, and I hit the highway, I turn up the volume and blast PANTERA‘s “Domination.” But when I’m on the road with SMOKIN’ ACES, the first song I want to hear is Willie Nelson‘s “On the Road Again” – that is the ultimate road trip song!
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
Jeff Buckley‘s “Hallelujah” and “Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die” by Willie Nelson… no need to explain, right?
Interview by Kirsti Leinonen