BATTLE BEAST shouldn’t be a new name at this point, even though they are a relatively young band. Having won the Wacken Metal Battle in 2010, the band picked up a pretty solid following with their ’80s-inspired shred and vocals. Though the band hasn’t quite reached “household name” status yet, their material has steadily improved since their inception and they’ve been present at plenty of summer festivals in the past few years. “Bringer of Pain” is soon upon us, released on February 17th, so here is the playlist of vocalist Noora Louhimo‘s life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
My mother used to sing this lullaby, “Tuutuu Tupakkirulla” as I was very little girl.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
My father gave me the first musical influences and “Bohemian Rhapsody” by QUEEN came up in my mind when thinking about the question.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
“Nessaja” by SCOOTER was playing in the background a lot when we were at a summer beach hanging with friends.
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
I heard “The Trooper” by IRON MAIDEN sung by my big brother, and that’s when I fell in love with heavy metal. Bruce Dickinson is my biggest influence as a performer even in these days.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
“Kohta sataa” by Pete Parkkonen is a Finnish pop song which I heard on this Finnish TV-show a couple days ago and now it’s repeating in my head, all the time – but not the whole song, just the phrase “kohta sataa,” haha.
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
I don’t really feel guilty pleasure when listening to music. I just enjoy anything good. But If I have to name one it’s gonna be “Sexy Motherfucker” by Prince.
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
I got “Razorblade Romance” by HIM as a present. Back in the day, Ville Valo used to be my daydream.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
“What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong takes me to some place that is somewhere beyond the existing world. A place where dreams are made and love is all around.
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
“Hunting High and Low” by STRATOVARIUS gets me going every time!
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
I would like everyone to sing together a cappella “Sleeping in the Fire” by W.A.S.P. This song is very important to me lyric-wise and is one of the best ballads I know.
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Dead End Scene otti Bond-hitin raskaaseen käsittelyyn – Suitsutetun yhtyeen debyyttilevyn äänitykset on saatu päätökseen
St. Auroralta raskas kakkossingle Rejects of Society – “Tappelin tyttöystävän kanssa yksiössä koronan aikaan ja biisiin tulikin tuplabasarit.”