If pleasant folky Finnish music of the likes of Jaakko Teppo tickle your fancy, you might just enjoy the lovely acoustic sounds of Finnish-Canadian musician, Nicolas Kivilinna. His popular local act is often found in Tampere, and here we have the playlist of his life for you!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
THE BEATLES – “She Loves You”
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
Leonard Cohen‘s “Tower of Song”
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
Regarding metal: everything Ronnie James Dio did
Regarding my style: the same as in question 2 – THE BEATLES‘ “She Loves You” changed my life and no matter how far I explore, I always ultimately return to that band
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
Some gypsy theme played by an old man on the accordion in the London metro
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
Of late, Michael Jackson‘s “Bad” album. But I’m not that guilty about it…
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
My first was either THE BEATLES‘ “Let it Be” or NIRVANA‘s compilation album, “Nirvana”
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Tom Waits – “All the World is Green”
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
Hullujussi – “Bulvania Boogie”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
It would be great to compile a ten hour playlist and make everybody listen to all the oddball and on-the-fringe stuff that I never got them to listen to when I was alive.
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Moonspell Teams Up With My Dying Bride, Borknagar, Wolfheart & More For “Ultima Ratio Fest” European Tour In 2022!