With the recent release of the very staff-popular album, “Jumalten aika,” as well as generally being responsible for a lot of FINNTROLL‘s great sounds, it was essentially a requirement for us to find out about the songs that have influenced pagan songwriting mastermind, Henri Sorvali. Here is the playlist of his life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
“Tuu Tuu Tupakkarulla,” which is an old Finnish lullaby.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
“Heaven’s on Fire” by KISS. I played it all the time.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
BAD RELIGION‘s “American Jesus.” I still love it, though!
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
METALLICA‘s “Fight Fire with Fire.” I remember it being so brutal and powerful after IRON MAIDEN that I was completely scared shitless.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
BLOODY HELL‘s “Steammachine.” That’s because I’ve been remixing it lately, haha!
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
As a musician and a composer, there are no guilty pleasures – only “reference material.” 😉 Seriously speaking, everything from ARMY OF LOVERS.
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
Elvis‘ “Jailhouse Rock” cassette in the mid- ’80s.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Anything released by COLD MEAT INDUSTRY.
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
“Maxwell Murder” by RANCID.
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
NAPOLEON XIV– “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!”
Interview by Mika Ringman & Bear Wiseman