With three weeks to go before the release of BEHEMOTH‘s 12th studio album, “Opvs Contra Natvram,” the black metal messiahs unleash one of their most fierce and menacing singles yet. “Thy Becoming Eternal” tells a story of finding strength in times of misfortune and is encapsulated in an epic animated video, produced by animator Ruben Fro.
Frontman and BEHEMOTH visionary, Adam ‘Nergal’ Darski, comments on the track:
“Legions! Our new offering from ‘Opvs Contra Natvram’… ‘Thy Becoming Eternal.’ As always, we’re trying to keep things fresh! The video was produced by talented Japanese animator Ruben Fro, who created this epic, aeonic CG landscape for our stoic warrior to journey through. The song itself is a fast and furious beast with a bombastic ending, definitely one of the most intense songs in BEHEMOTH‘s catalogue. Let us know if you agree!”
“Opvs Contra Natvram” is the sheer embodiment of rebellion, individuality, and unflinching self-expression, shaped by a literary worldview. It also reflects a musical evolution, there’s little doubt that “Opvs Contra Natvram” is BEHEMOTH’s strongest and most sophisticated musical collection to date.
Pre-order or pre-save the album here, and check out the video for “Thy Becoming Eternal” below.
BEHEMOTH are not only the creators of Poland’s extreme metal scene, but they are masters of their vision and showcasing what a band can achieve when hard work is put in. With “Opvs Contra Natvram” they have created 10 fresh chapters, created at a very strange time for the world. Their goal to create something new, something that doesn’t sound like anything that has gone before, is an ambitious one.
Renowned for his meticulous attention to detail and absolute creative control of BEHEMOTH‘s world, frontman and band visionary, Adam ‘Nergal’ Darski reveled in the depressurized environment afforded by the pandemic. It meant that for nearly the first time since the band’s inception over 30 years ago, there was no deadline to observe, allowing for a nearly unprecedented level of attention to the process of writing and recording. Beyond any confines of genre, BEHEMOTH have grown to become nothing less than the personification of rebellion, individuality, and unflinching self-expression informed by a literate worldview and worldliness that’s resulted in a locking of horns with everything from the mainstream press to the Polish Catholic church – most notably manifesting in Nergal‘s trial for blasphemy in 2010 that only served to expose the deep-seated hypocrisies that his music seeks to challenge.
BEHEMOTH EU Summer Festivals
21.08. FR Saint Nolff – Motorcultor
BEHEMOTH, ARCH ENEMY + CARCASS + UNTO OTHERS
The European Siege Tour
27.09. UK Dublin – 3Olympia Theatre (just a few tickets left)
29.09. UK Glasgow – O2 Academy
30.09. UK Manchester – O2 Apollo
01.10. UK Birmingham – O2 Academy
02.10. UK London – O2 Academy Brixton
04.10. FR Paris – Zenith
05.10. FR Ramonville-st-agne, Le Bikini
07.10. PT Lisboa – Coliseu dos Recreios
08.10. ES Madrid – Palacio Vistalegre
09.10. ES Barcelona – Palau Sant Jordi
11.10. FR Caluire-et-cuire – Radiant-Bellevue
12.10. IT Milan – Alcatraz
14.10. DE Berlin – Columbiahalle
15.10 CZ Pardubice – Tipsport Arena
16.10. HU Budapest – Barba Negra
18.10. AT Wien – Gasometer
19.10. PL Katowice – Spodek
21.10. D Ludwigsburg – MHP Arena
22.10. NL ‘s-herogemnosch – Mainstage Brabanthallen
24.10. DE Saarbrücken – Saarlandhalle
25.10. CH Zürich – Samsung Hall
26.10. DE Frankfurt am Main – Jahrhunderthalle
28.10. DE Munich – Zenith
29.10. DE Düsseldorf – Mitsubishi Electric Halle
30.10. DE Hamburg – edel-optics.de Arena
31.10. SE Partille – Partille Arena
02.11. FI Helsinki – Helsinki Ice Hall
04.11. SE Stockholm – Annexet
05.11. DK Frederiksberg – Forum Black Box
06.11. NO Oslo – Spetrum Scene
“Opvs Contra Natvram” features twin cover art available in both black and white and will be released in the following array of physical formats, certain to thrill collectors of limited editions:
- Jewelcase CD (Black Cover)
- Digibook (Black Cover) [limited to 8500 pieces]
- Digibook (White Cover) [limited to 8500 pieces]
- Earbook Black/Gold Inkspot Vinyl (White Cover) [limited to 500 pieces]
- Earbook Gold/Black Corona Vinyl (White Cover) [limited to 500 pieces]
- Black Vinyl (Black Cover)
- Picture Vinyl (Black Cover) [limited to 3500 pieces]
- White/Gold Split Vinyl (White Cover) [limited to 650 pieces]
- Vinylbox Mailorder Edition (White Cover) [limited to 1000 pieces]
- Earbook (Black Cover) [band exclusive, limited to 1167 pieces] – SOLD OUT!
- Gold Vinyl (Black Cover) [US Indie exclusive, limited to 350 pieces]
- Crystal Clear/Silver/Gold Inkspot Vinyl (White Cover) [band exclusive, limited to 666 pieces] – SOLD OUT!
- White/Black/Gold Splatter Vinyl (White Cover) [band exclusive, limited to 1167 pieces] – SOLD OUT!
- Transparent Red Vinyl (Black Cover) [EMP exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
- White Vinyl (White Cover) [Nordics exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
- Clear/Black Splatter Vinyl (Black Cover) [Kings Road Management exclusive, limited to 500 pieces]
- Gold/Black Marbled Vinyl (Black Cover) [UK Eyesore exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
- White/Gold Marbled Vinyl (White Cover) [UK Recordstore exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
- Clear/Black Marbled Vinyl (Black Cover) [HMV exclusive, limited to 450 exclusive]
Adam ‘Nergal’ Darski – Lead vocals, Guitar
Zbigniew ‘Inferno’ Promiński – Drums, Percussion
Tomasz ‘Orion’ Wróblewski – Bass, Backing vocals
† † †
Patryk ‘Seth’ Sztyber – Guitar, Backing vocals