CRIB45 is the evolutionary result of a Finnish grunge band getting dark and gritty. This Helsinki-based band describes themselves as “slow and heavy, like John Candy,” and well-known for their thought-provoking music video for “Into the Abyss” (see below). Today’s playlist is from the life of Janne Pappila (bass).
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
Armi & Danny – “Tahdon sulle olla hyvin hellä” (in English: “I Want to Love You Tender”)
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
Tapani Kansa – “Rokkivaari Hotanen” (original song: THE RAYS“Daddy Cool” from 1957)
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
METALLICA – “Seek and Destroy.” One of the first full songs I’ve learned to play and even performed live in school.
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
SCORPIONS – “Crazy World”
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
ELUVEITIE – “From Darkness”
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
HADDAWAY – “What is Love” 😀
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
KLAMYDIA – “Los Celibatos” (a Finnish punk band)
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
IN FLAMES – “Come Clarity”
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
Anything by SYSTEM OF A DOWN or Serj Tankian. “Toxicity”?
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
MACHINE HEAD – “Darkness Within”
Interview by Bear Wiseman Musicalypse, 2016 OV: 2927