If you know HATCHET DAWN or DIAMOND NOIR, you already know Billie-Jade. If not, this Australian vocalist has already toured in support of Marilyn Manson and the MISFITS! Now it’s time for her to work on her self-titled solo project. Her first single, “Horror Haus,” was released in February 2017, and today we have the playlist of her life for you!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
My dad loved RAMMSTEIN, so when I was young he used to play “Du Hast” on repeat.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
“Mobscene” by Marilyn Manson. I saw it on TV and I still remember the moment I saw it. It was mesmerizing! I played with Manson a few years ago and was lucky enough to meet my idol on the road, which was an experience I will never forget.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
“Living Dead Girl” by Rob Zombie. I used to watch a lot of horror movies, play guitar, and listen to Rob Zombie on repeat!
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
SLIPKNOT was a huge influence early on. But my mum was a big influence on me too. Growing up she’d start work when we went to bed singing at different venues and I’d see her sing sometimes and she literally sounds like Janis Joplin reincarnated. That strength in her voice was something that still to this day shocks people and she taught me to never limit my vocal ability.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
MOTIONLESS IN WHITE – “Eternally Yours.” It’s such a great track.
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
ATTILA! That band is the best! I saw them last year live and they seriously blew me away!
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
A PERFECT CIRCLE – “Thirteenth Step.” I even made my mum come to their show with me because I was too young to go alone.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
MY OWN PRIVATE ALASKA – “Die for me.” It’s just a great combination of beauty and pain, all highlighted with haunting piano. Gives me chills!
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
“Embrace the Evil” by UPON THIS DAWNING… just a sick tune!
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
I mean you don’t really plan for these kinds of things haha but I’d have to say whatever song at the time I had released.
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Interview with messier — “There’s only three of us, so we have to make it count and get the sound as big as we can.”