We’re back from our New Year week off with another playlist for you! Finland is pretty well known for producing incredible keyboardists, and if you’re looking into newer generations, it’s possible that a fellow going by the alias of Chrism may have caught your attention with bands like SIMULACRUM, EDEN’S CURSE, and ADAMANTRA. This week we’re sharing the playlist of his life with you!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
A pirate song called “Kapteeni Koukku” [Captain Hook] was one of my favorites and comes first to mind. I performed it at my kindergarten’s Christmas party when I was about 5 years old so I guess it was also my first live performance.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
Hmmm… When I was 12 my friend copied me a C-cassette that was full of great tunes. METALLICA – “Ride the Lightning” comes first to mind. Loved the speed…
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
DREAM THEATER – “A Change of Seasons.” Spent the break times as an unsocial teenager listening to this song on my Sony Discman and continuing at the beginning of the lesson until the teacher told me to take my earphones out 😉
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
METALLICA and MEGADETH were my first loves in the metal genre and made me want to pick up guitar playing. Fortunately for my career, I found STRATOVARIUS and Yngwie Malmsteen pretty soon after and continued with the keyboards and piano.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
Erja Lyytinen – “24 Angels.” It will be featured on her new album to be released on the 3rd of February 2017 and my company, Dark Noise Productions, made a music video to it. I have heard the song about 200 times and it will be playing in my head probably for the rest of the year xD
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
Haha, Britney Spears – “Toxic.” Really well produced and mixed by our Scandinavian neighbors, the Swedes. I think it has over 300 tracks on the song to create the finished mix.
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
PANTERA – “The Great Southern Trendkill.” Was actually a little too brutal for my taste at the time. Bought it because it had a kick ass cover with a rattlesnake 😉
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Frank Sinatra – “It Was a Very Good Year.” One of my all-time favorites.
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
SYMPHONY X – “Kiss of Fire.” Sir Russell‘s vocals in the C-part are as crisp as they get.
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
Jeff Buckley – “Hallelujah.” A phenomenal interpretation of the Leonard Cohen classic.
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Interview Phantom Elite – “It’s always good to share that feeling that none of us is alone in hard times”