You may not have heard of HYPEROMM, and if that’s the case, it’s a shame. Comprised of music written by music by multi-instrumentalist Anton Trubin, their second album, “Transcendence,” was released in September 2019. When his album came to our attention recently, we asked him to share the playlist of his life with us.
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
“Kalinka Malinka” – it’s Russian folk song. When I was 5, I attended folk dance club and it’s the first song that comes to my mind.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
SPICE GIRLS – “Wannabe.” My older sister was listening to this song in 1996 all the time. It was a cool track, I really liked it. Ok, it’s still awesome, haha.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
PRODIGY – “Poison.” End of the ’90s is the PRODIGY era for me.
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
METALLICA – “Master of Puppets.” I remember that I liked slow part initially, but later I loved the whole track and metal tracks stopped scaring me.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
SONATA ARCTICA – “Gravenimage.” I’ve decided to re-listen to old SONATA ARCTICA albums recently. This song has been playing in my head for the last few days
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
I feel no guilt about my listening. But, ok, let it be “The Night Begins to Shine” by B.E.R. It’s song from the cartoon, Teen Titans Go! If you’ve never heard it – just do it!
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
CHILDREN OF BODOM – “Hate Crew Deathroll.” It was my first pocket money for some household chores. I was saving money and waiting for this release because “Follow the Reaper” was extremely good. “HCDR” didn’t disappoint me.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
AMORPHIS – “The Orphan.” The intro of this track, I can listen to endlessly.
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road.
LAMB OF GOD – “Set to Fail”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
I hope I’ll compose something suitable, hahaha!
Interview by Bear Wiseman
Interview Phantom Elite – “It’s always good to share that feeling that none of us is alone in hard times”