While Finland is largely known for metal, there’s been a recent resurgence of ’80s-style rock ‘n’ roll with bands like RECKLESS LOVE, SHIRAZ LANE, TEMPLE BALLS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES, BLOCK BUSTER, and the like. One of the newer names that’s shown up is Henri Flame of the band FLAME. Today we have the playlist of his life to share with you:
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
I remember I was a huge Ozzy fan as a kid, and still am(!), so I think it would have been “Bark at the Moon” and “Crazy Train.” And probably straight after that, GNR’s “Sweet Child O’ Mine.”
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
Have to say the full album, “Appetite for Destruction.” I became a big GNR fan when I was starting with music and used to know how to play the whole album from cover-to-cover (and other albums as well). At least all Slash parts… haha.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
I guess we are still with GNR here. Used to listen a lot of them; let’s say “Welcome to the Jungle.”
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
I personally like to listen to various genres of rock & metal these days but after getting over the GNR/Ozzy period I had been listening a lot of BMTH, new PAPA ROACH, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, FALLING IN REVERSE, and ATTILA to name few. So basically moving from classic rock towards metalcore. I guess my own music is some weird blend of little bit of everything, maybe sailing towards heavier sound in the future…?
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
FALLING IN REVERSE – “Popular Monster & The Amity Affliction” and “Soak Me in Bleach”
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
IRON MAIDEN – “Edward the Great”; did have the power metal phase as well.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
HURTS – “Somebody to Die For”
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
SLIPKNOT – “Unsainted”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
AC/DC – “It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)”
Interview by Bear Wiseman